Bibury is a village and civil parish in Gloucestershire, England. It is on both banks of the River Coln which rises in the same District and which is a Thames tributary. The village is centred 6 ¹⁄₂ miles northeast of Cirencester.
Attractions and things to see in Bibury include Arlington Row, a row of weavers cottages built of local stone next to the River Coln, the Bibury Trout Farm and the Saxon Church, the Church of St Mary.
The north Chancel wall of the Church is home to a stained glass window which was designed in 1927 by Karl Parsons and was featured in the 1992 Christmas stamp set issued by the Royal Mail.
The nineteenth-century artist and craftsman William Morris called Bibury “the most beautiful village in England” when he visited it.
The village is known for its honey-coloured seventeenth century stone cottages with steeply pitched roofs, which once housed weavers who supplied cloth for fulling at nearby Arlington Mill. Until the 1980s, that building also housed the museum of Arlington Mill with a collection of period clothing, before it was shifted to Barnsley House. The Mill is now a private residence.
The Cotswolds became very prosperous in the 14th and 15th centuries and Campden, in particular, thrived. The wool from the long-backed Cotswold Lion sheep was prized across Europe.